British Oncology Pharmacy Association – BOPA
BOPA is the British Oncology Pharmacy Association and was formed to “promote excellence in the pharmaceutical care of patients with cancer through education, communication, research and innovation by an alliance of hospital, community and academic pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, those in the pharmaceutical industry and other healthcare professionals".
It works to achieve these ends by:
• ensuring that there is an adequate supply of adequately trained staff of an acceptable standard;
• making sure that pharmacy issues are considered by those planning and organising cancer services at regional and local levels;
• working hard to improve, directly and indirectly, the provision of education and training to oncology pharmacy staff
• developing standards of practice;
• ensuring that oncology pharmacy is well represented in all relevant situations.
If you are involved in, or interested in the pharmaceutical aspects of cancer treatment or want to join, please go to the BOPA website.