UK Renal Pharmacy Group
To encourage the provision of high quality pharmaceutical services to renal patients and associated healthcare professionals.
To this end the Renal Pharmacy Group (RPG) will encourage the dissemination of relevant information amongst pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, students and associated healthcare professionals, and the promotion of appropriate pharmaceutical research.
Types of membership
Individual Open to all pharmacists and pharmacy technicians with an interest in renal medicine, excluding those working in the pharmaceutical industry.
Corporate Open to corporate bodies who have expressed their willingness to support the objectives and activities of the RPG. Corporate members are not eligible to attend workshops or the AGM at the RPG conference.
Drug information Open to any Medicines Information centre in the UK.
An annual charge is levied for each type of membership.
• Annual national conference for members
• Ad hoc training days
• Renal drug handbook
• UK renal pharmacist directory
• The introduction to renal pharmacy
• Twice yearly newsletters
• Standards of practice
• Knowledge, skills and competency framework for renal pharmacists
• Members e-mail Q&A forum
Represented at/on the following
• British Renal Society (BRS) Council
• BRS Research Committee
• Peer Review Scoping Group
• Renal Workforce Planning initiative
• Invited to comment as a professional body on NICE Technology Appraisal Scope & Document for ‘Immunosuppression after renal transplant’
For more information about the group click here.