About the conference
In an increasingly complex medicines industry, do you know your ‘boundaries and borders’ and where Qualified Person (QP) responsibility begins and ends?
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society, the Royal Society of Chemistry and the Society of Biology are pleased to announce the 14th Joint QP Symposium - QP responsibilities and the pharmaceutical supply chain, being held on Wednesday 22 April 2015 at Holiday Inn Bloomsbury, London.
Qualified Person responsibilities are constantly being expanded with increasingly complex manufacturing and supply chains. Globalisation and outsourcing mean that often the activities involved in manufacturing do not all occur at one site and there may be more than one QP.
Key topics discussed at the symposium will include:
- The actions being taken by the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency in relation to data integrity
- The overhaul of Annex 16 to provide a detailed framework for QPs and its impact on industry
- Continuity of medicines supply, including responsibilities in the management of critical product shortages and communication with authorities
- How updates to legislation and regulatory requirements are adding to the challenges surrounding QP responsibilities.
QP responsibilities go beyond certification for batch release and this symposium covers QP responsibilities in increasingly complex manufacturing and supply chains. Attending will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Gain an understanding of the challenges surrounding QP responsibilities and the pharmaceutical supply chain, including data integrity and falsified medicines
- Find out about the latest regulatory and legislative changes including the new EU Clinical Trials Regulation and the next steps for implementation of the Falsified Medicines Directive.
- Network with colleagues and form valuable partnerships
- Discuss your own experiences and join in with interactive panel discussions and Q&As
- Hear from industry experts, including speakers from the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency and the Department of Health’s Medicines Pharmacy and Industry Group.
This is a fantastic opportunity to stay up to date with the issues and changes, network with fellow QPs and discuss the issues you face on a day-to-day basis.
Book today to get your early bird discount.
Who should attend
The event is aimed at:
- Qualified Persons
- Individuals involved in assuring the quality of medicines
- Persons training to become a Qualified Person
- NHS and pharmaceutical industry