Pre-Registration Advisory Group
The pre-registration advisory group provides leadership in pre-registration practice and this will be achieved by constituting an empowered and representative network of leaders. It is a voluntary group and network of pre-registration tutors and trainees with experience of GPhC pre-registration training in various sectors across GB.
This group will contribute to the RPS pre-registration project and provide constructive and reasoned feedback to steer the development and evolution of RPS pre-registration support, resources and tools.
More specifically, the group will:
- provide advice and consultation to the RPS and inform standards, guidance and professional policy on emergent issues and consultations relevant to in pre-registration practice;
- provide a range of perspectives and facilitate stakeholder engagement across pharmacy sectors;
- provide perspectives to help the National Boards influence external stakeholders (in and outside the profession) on development of pre-registration practice; and
- engage with the National Boards, other RPS expert groups and panels to share expertise in order to support improvements in the pre-reg experience and outcomes.
- are nationally (or internationally) recognised as an expert and leader in pre-registration practice
- have a high level of involvement in institutional roles and professional organisations
- possess a broad knowledge and expertise in a relevant area of support and development for pre-registration trainees
In addition, members of the advisory group will be expected to be:
- a member of the RPS. Members of the group are expected to conform to the RPS code of conduct for members of governance bodies as well as codes applicable to their respective disciplines and institutions.
- recognised by the RPS Faculty or working toward Faculty recognition.
- not be a member of any other RPS Advisory Group
Members will be expected to declare any interests that may be a conflict to the work underway.
Pre-Registration Advisory group members
Chair: Ash Soni
Networks for pre-registration trainees and tutors
In addition to the pre-registration advisory group, we have online networks specifically designed for pre-registration trainees, and tutors.
These forums are accessible to all RPS members including pre-registration trainees, pre-registration tutors, Foundation pharmacists, and members from all areas and stages of practice who are keen to be involved and contribute to the work of the RPS. These virtual forums allow members to share good practice as part of an online community.
Members are able to:
- Network with other pharmacists and pre-registration trainees
- Post discussion topics
- Share information about their role and current work
- Share documents, photos and videos
- Receive regular updates from the pre-registration advisory group
- Get engaged and contribute to advisory group workstreams by providing comment, feedback and views