Royal Pharmaceutical Society of
Trading as Royal Pharmaceutical Society
A Company Incorporated by Royal Charter (England/Wales)
Company number: RC000799
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) leads the profession of pharmacy to improve the public’s health and wellbeing.
Who we are
The RPS is the professional membership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in Great Britain and an internationally renowned publisher of medicines information.
We advance the profession of pharmacy for public and patient benefit, to improve the health of the public and to secure the future of our members.
What we do
We support our members and customers to improve health outcomes for society. We deliver this through professional development and support; the provision of quality medicines information and advice. We are committed to improving patient care and safety through developing professional practice by:
- Continuously advancing both pharmaceutical science and pharmacy practice to improve the safety and efficacy of medicines and the quality of pharmaceutical care.
- Promoting research and evaluation to inform professional practice and evidence-led patient benefit.
- Supporting the continuous professional development and improvement of our members.
- Leading and promoting the advancement of science, practice and education in pharmacy to shape and influence the future delivery of pharmacy.
- Providing timely and relevant medicines information and advice.
- Recognising professional development through the RPS Foundation and Faculty programmes.
- Ensuring the voice of the whole profession is heard at the highest levels of healthcare and government through direct advocacy, our responses to consultations, policy developments, and the RPS expert advisory panels, forums and groups.
How we work
At the centre of our approach are the public and patients. We support our members and customers to improve their care and their wellbeing through everything we do. To ensure we are successful we are:
- Collaborative in our approach
- Dedicated to excellence
- Focused on delivery
- Always listening and learning