Did you know that painkillers are the most common cause of accidental poisoning in children in the UK?
The Medicine Chest is a NEW loans resource to help children learn about medicines in the past and today using objects.
Focusing on three key skills, investigation, interpretation and inquiry the Medicine Chest encourages creative learning through a range of cross-curricula activities.
Supporting the Every Child Matters outcomes as well as National Curriculum aims, the Medicine Chest aims to support your class to develop a greater understanding of medicine safety.
What is the medicine chest?
• Real objects to handle! Some of these were used by pharmacists 100 years ago and others are from more modern times
• Teachers book with guidance notes and 40 photocopiable worksheets for your class
• DVD showing your class how to look after the objects as well as showing how to make pills
• CD with additional information, worksheets, old advertising and great games!
• Non-fiction books to help your class find out more
• Fiction books for you to use as your class reader or incorporate into literacy lessons
• A Mr Men PSHE resource book designed for Key Stage One
Cost: £70 per half term including delivery and collection charges
If you would like to book the Medicine Chest for your school or have any questions regarding this resource please contact us.
Tel: 020 7572 2210
© The Medicine Chest loans resource has been produced by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society Museum for non-commercial educational use. Permission must be sought for commercial use of any part of this material.