Professional Empowerment Group
Why support Professional Empowerment?
Moving from campaigning on workplace pressure to working towards professional empowerment is more than just a name change.
The national pharmacy boards have mandated the organisation to find real and long-term solutions to the unacceptable pressure some pharmacists find themselves under.
The objectives of this group are to:
- To understand the findings from the impact of the RP regulations research and consider the practical recommendations RPS has suggested
- To work with relevant stakeholders, and colleagues to affect change in the areas indicated in the report
Why join the group?
By joining the group you are adding you name to the list of supporters. You will be kept up to date with the developments of the campaign as well as finding out how you can get involved.
You will be inputting directly in the areas identified under the umbrella of professional empowerment - you can contribute your opinions now
What happens next?
As a group member you will start to hear a lots more news about professional Empowerment - there will be press releases, new web pages, E-news, email alerts, PJ articles and events organised.
What are the key themes?
Many of the discussion topics will be around:
- Professionalism in the modern context
- Creating a just culture in pharmacy
- What you believe the models of the practice in future may be
What else does this affect?
Professional Empowerment also includes our work on these areas:
- Towards decriminalisation of dispensing errors
- GPhC premises standards response
Where can I find more information?
You can find the Responsible Pharmacist report and other Professional Empowerment related material in our promoting pharmacy area