Consultant Pharmacists Group
To demonstrate the benefit of the consultant pharmacist role, in patient care and NHS pharmaceutical services locally and nationally, to pharmacy stakeholders within and outside the profession, to interested parties.
• To work with the professional leadership body (PLB) for pharmacy in developing higher level practice and to provide leadership, mentoring and expert support around medicines to patients, other health care professionals and the public.
• To support the development of a career pathway to consultant level practice for pharmacists,
• To promote the development of formal links for consultant pharmacist with Higher Education Establishments (HEIs), supporting both the education and training and the research and development agendas
• To provide a forum for sharing experiences, peer support and discussion of continuing professional development for consultant pharmacists, supporting individual practitioners’ contribution to local agendas around quality, innovation, productivity and prevention.
• To work with the professional leadership body for pharmacy supporting publicity for pharmacy in the media