Homecare handbook appendices
- Appendix 1 - National Homecare Patients' Charter ★★
- Appendix 2 - Example patient leaflet for Homecare Medicines Services ★ (Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust)
- Appendix 2b - Example patient leaflet for complaint and incident report
- Appendix 3 - Example therapy-specific patient leaflet ★★ (BUPA Home Healthcare)
- Appendix 4 - Patient registration and consent form ★★★ (NHMC)
- Appendix 4b – Patient change request form ★★★ (NHMC)
- Appendix 5 - Template homecare patient satisfaction questionnaire ★★★ (NHMC)
- Appendix 6 - Example patient pathway for outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy ★★ (BUPA Home Healthcare)
- Appendix 7 - Home suitability and needs assessment checklist ★★ (NHMC)
- Appendix 8 - Example of a simplified Homecare Suitability and Needs Assessment ★★ (NHMC)
- Appendix 9 - Example technical agreement ★★ (North East Pharmacy Procurement Group)
- Appendix 10 - National KPI definitions V4 approved 10/11/16 ★★★ (DH Commercial Medicines Unit) Note: These are current operational KPIs and supersede those in the Fig 2 Page 24 of the Homecare Handbook May 2014
- Appendix 10 - National KPI definitions V5 approved 10/11/16 ★★★ (DH Commercial Medicines Unit) Note: This version 5 is the same as version 4 with the addition of governance KPIs. It is published now, for information, to allow implementation work to continue. This version is approved and will supersede version 4 at a time to be agreed by the stakeholders.
- Appendix 11 - Example product quality assessment for an unlicensed compounded antibiotic ★ (Quality Control North West)
- Appendix 12 - Procedure for transferring patients between homecare services ★★ (Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust)
- Appendix 13 - Homecare Policy ★ (University College London Hospitals NHS Trust)
- Appendix 14 - Use of pharmacy IT systems to support homecare services ★★ (DH Homecare Strategy Board)
- Appendix 15a - Output Based Specification: System-wide Delivery of Medicines in Homecare ★★ (DH Homecare Strategy Board)
- Appendix 15b - Technical Specification: System-wide Delivery of Medicines in Homecare ★★ (DH Homecare Strategy Board)
- Appendix 16 - Example job description Homecare Pharmacist ★★ (Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals Foundation Trust)
- Appendix 17 - Example job description Homecare Pharmacy Technician ★ (Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust)
- Appendix 18 - Example job description Homecare Medicines Administrator ★ (Chelsea and Westminster Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust)
- Appendix 19 - Further guidance on managing complaints and incidents within homecare services ★★★
- Appendix 20a - Template patient complaint and incident form (homecare organisation) ★★★ (NHMC)
- Appendix 20b - Template complaint and incident form (patient self-reporting) ★★★ (NHMC)
- Appendix 20c - Template for acknowledgement for complaints and incidents ★★ (NHMC)
- Appendix 20d - Template for response to complaints and incidents ★★★ (NHMC)
- Appendix 21 - AIC reporting template ★★★ (AIC)
- Appendix 22 - Homecare complaint and incident codes master list ★★ (NHMC)
★★★ Documents approved for national use by multidisciplinary bodies after wide consultation and are being kept up-to-date and are subject to change control.
★★ Examples from existing homecare services which are consistent with the best practices described in the RPS Professional Standards for Homecare Services and this handbook.
★ Example documents developed and used locally by homecare teams. Considered to be useful, but need to be reviewed carefully and adapted before use. They are likely to have been prepared prior to the publication of the RPS Professional Standards.
It is expected that nationally approved documents (marked ★★★ in the handbook) will be used wherever they are appropriate to the homecare service being provided. The remaining documents have been shared with the permission of the originating organisation or NHS Trusts as useful examples and templates for you to adapt to support your own homecare services.