Training and Support Resources
Below you will find a list of training courses and resources to support you in gaining and maintaining your Research Ready accreditation status.
Good Clinical Practice:
A key requirement for anyone involved in the conduct of clinical research is Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training. GCP is the standard and guidelines to which all research is conducted:
- GCP training for Research Ready – upcoming events December 2016 to March 2017
- GCP resources - NIHR signposting to GCP resources.
- Access to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) for Research Ready Pharmacies.
- Research Governance Framework - the Department of Health's Research Governance Framework for Health and Social Care: second edition.
- Standards for Registered Pharmacies - the General Pharmaceutical Council's Standards for Registered Pharmacies.
- Research Ethics Guidance - Health Research Authority Signposting to research ethics guidance.
- Data Protection Guidance - the Information Commissioner's Office guide to data protection.
- Patient Confidentiality - the General Medical Council's guidance on patient confidentiality (research and secondary uses).
- Informed Consent (Research Involving Children) - the Medical Research Council's ethics guide to research involving children.
- Informed Consent (Adults who lack the capacity to consent) - NIHR signposting to information and resources specifically applicable to research involving adults lacking capacity to consent to research.
Costing for non-commercial studies in Primary Care - NIHR Clinical Research Network costing template for non-commercial studies.
For support from your local Clinical Research Network to complete your Research Ready accreditation, find your local network manager here.
If you are leading a study in your pharmacy you may apply for ethical and R&D approval here.
Information Governance - NIHR signposting to information governance (in research) resources.