Academic Pharmacy Forum
The Academic Pharmacy Forum caters for all parties with an interest in matters pertaining to pharmacy education. Membership is reccomended to pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientist members.
Full membership is available to anyone teaching/researching within a School of Pharmacy and associate membership is available to anyone with an interest in pharmacy education.
The forum is managed by a Committee, comprising 6 elected Group members together with 2 Council nominees. The Committee chairman is a member of the Education Advisory Panel.
Aims and objectives
- to promote and maintain high standards in pharmaceutical education, scholarship and research;
- to provide a forum for consultation on professional matters of common interest to members of the academic staff of pharmacy schools and for the dissemination of information on such matters, including new developments;
- the representation of the views of the Group Members to the Council on policies for development, on the Group Committee’s initiative
- the representation of the views of the Group Members to the relevant Council committee on implication of policy, on the Group Committee’s initiative;
- the provision of advice on request to the Council, its committees or its working groups on any aspect of academic pharmacy; and
- to arrange meetings on topics of professional interest to members of the Group, and on occasion, to others with a common interest.
The Academic Pharmacy Group is supported by the Academic Pharmacy Forum Committee