The Hospital Pharmacists Group is open to all pharmacists working in the National Health Service, private or armed forces hospitals and employed by, or acting as consultants to, health authorities, health boards or health trusts. Other pharmacists may also be eligible. Hospital pharmacy refers to the practice of pharmacy in secondary care and in those areas which interface between primary and secondary care.
Hospital Pharmacists Group Committee has the following mission: to provide a unified, credible voice for Hospital Pharmacy such that Hospital Pharmacy issues are properly represented within and by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society.
Aims and objectives
- to maintain and develop the profile of Hospital Pharmacy within RPSGB and with external stakeholders
- to provide advice actively and responsively to the national pharmacy boards of the RPSGB on issues within their remit as appropriate
- to inform the national pharmacy boards of RPSGB of issues of importance to Hospital Pharmacy practice
- to provide advice actively and responsively to RPSGB’s Council on issues within its remit as appropriate
- to inform the council of RPSGB actively and responsively of issues relating to, and affecting Hospital Pharmacy
- to support the development of practice guidance for the profession as a whole and hospital pharmacy in particular.
- to identify key individuals from the hospital pharmacy sector to represent the RPSGB on national guideline committees.
The Hospital Pharmacists Group is supported by the Hospital Pharmacy Forum Committee (closed group)