- To develop a network of support for those pharmacist working in hypertension or have an interest in the field.
- Signpost to relevant organisations, training events, specialists where needed for CPD or patient management.
- Provide a forum for discussion on sharing best practice with RPS members working in hypertension or an interest in hypertension.
- Facilitate inter-professional working and networking in hypertension across different levels of care and other healthcare professions
Aimed at any RPS member working in or has an interest in the field of hypertension.
Members could include:
- Community Pharmacists who dispense anti hypertensive's , those that screen for hypertension and those that provide monitoring for GP practices in their pharmacy practice.
- Primary Care Pharmacists - who work in GP practices that run pharmacist led hypertension clinics
- Pharmacists aspiring to be prescribers with hypertension as there chosen field of study
- Pharmacy technicians that measure blood pressure or work in the field of hypertension
- Secondary care pharmacists, such as cardiology pharmacists, consultants.
- Any RPS member who would like to develop or has a specialism in hypertension
- Academic pharmacist who would like to colloborate with research projects or research in hypertension