RPS provides a collective voice for the profession, reflecting the views and experience of our members at a national level. We encourage and enable our members to lobby locally and to help us with our national work. Here's how you can join in:
- Invite your MP for a flu jab
- Write to your MP and local decision-makers
- host a pharmacy visit
- become one of our 'politicos'
- join the Your Voice in Government network
- join your Local Practice Forum
- input into consultations
Finally, don't forget to keep up to date with policy developments and our lobbying work:
- Sign up to receive weekly RPS (England and EU) political monitoring digests
- Read political monitoring reports from England and Scotland
- Follow our Twitter account @RPS_Stakeholder
- visit our Talking To Government pages
- Subscribe to Today's Headlines
- read about our Shaping Pharmacy for the Future campaigns
However you wish to get involved, we're here to support you - just email email@example.com with any queries.
- Letter to MP - post-election, seeking pharmacy visit
- Letter to MP - pharmacists' role in urgent and emergency care
- Letter to CCGs - pharmacists' role in urgent and emergency care
Resources for winter flu campaign
- Template letter inviting MP for flu jab
- Template press release - MPs and flu
- Template media call
- MP flu vaccine visit guide
- Shaping Pharmacy for the Future - what you can do locally
- Get involved with local Urgent and Emergency care system groups and networks
- Lobbying toolkit for members
Find local decision-makers (external websites)
Write to your MP!
With the new national flu service this winter, there's no better time to arrange a visit from your MP to get their flu jab. This is a great opportunity to promote the service with the wider public, as well as Parliamentarians.
Do let us know how you get on by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; we can also help you prepare for the visit if you require any further assitance.