Terms and conditions for advice and information received from the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
Any advice that you receive from the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (“RPS”) by way of its helpline (which includes telephone advice, responses to any submission made by you via the RPS online enquiry form and responses to any email queries) or other communications is provided to you by RPS subject to the following terms and conditions. The submission by you of an enquiry via any of the methods mentioned above shall constitute acceptance of the following terms and conditions. You agree with RPS that:
- Advice and information is provided by RPS to members of RPS on pharmacy matters including but not limited to medical, ethical and practical issues. You acknowledge that you shall not rely on any advice given by RPS in respect of any purpose other than the purpose for which the advice was intended to be given. Advice or information provided by RPS does not constitute legal advice and cannot be relied on as such.
- RPS does not endorse any treatments or products discussed during advice given by or included in any communication from RPS.
- In receiving advice from RPS, you agree that you shall interpret such advice in light of your own professional knowledge and all relevant pharmacy and healthcare literature and guidelines.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, RPS shall not be liable to you whether in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence), under statute or otherwise arising out of or in connection with advice given by RPS and you agree that such advice is given by RPS with reference to relevant pharmacy and healthcare guidelines, publications and/or standard practice at the time that such advice is given and accordingly RPS accepts no liability for the inaccuracy of such advice and is making no promises in respect of any results that may occur as a result of you following such advice.
- Without prejudice to any other provision of these terms and conditions, you agree that RPS shall have no liability to you in respect of any loss, liability or damage that you suffer as a result of or in connection with the death or personal injury of any person to whom you have given advice whether such death or personal injury was caused by RPS’s negligence or not.
- Without prejudice to the provisions of the clauses above, in the unlikely event that RPS is found to incur any liability in respect of advice given to you by RPS, the total liability of RPS in respect of such advice for any loss, liability or damage, howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence), under statute or in any other circumstances will be limited to the amount of monies that RPS receives from its insurers in respect of such liability.
- Without prejudice to clause 5 above, nothing in these terms excludes RPS’s liability for death or personal injury caused to you by RPS’s negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- A reference in these terms and conditions to RPS includes all of RPS’s employees, agents and other representatives.
- These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter shall be governed and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. You and RPS irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or their subject matter.