Here are just some of the benefits that are included with your membership:
- Medicines, Ethics and Practice (MEP) – worth £49.99
Members receive a free copy of MEP as part of their membership. It is the ‘must-have’ guide for pharmacists and has been completely revamped in line with the Society’s new role as the dedicated professional body. Practical and user-friendly it’s designed to help pharmacist practise confidently and professionally.
- Subscription to Pharmaceutical Journal – worth £195
With its comprehensive coverage of pharmacy news, technical articles and reviews on medicines and medicines use as well as its continuing professional development section, the Pharmaceutical Journal is the essential read for pharmacists. Members can also subscribe to receive Clinical Pharmacist (worth £88) as part of their membership.
- Dedicated support team
Our dedicated support team is your first port of call for all your professional queries. We provide confidential support and expert advice, such as legal and ethical issues you might encounter in daily practice
- Practice guidance and support tools
Pharmacy is constantly changing and developing, so it’s important you’re always up to date with the latest developments. As a member you’ll get access to practical guidance and professional support tools, so you’ll always know about changes which affect your practice. We’ll interpret new regulations so you understand from day one what they mean for you.
- Continuing professional development support
Our CPD support service provides you with the support and guidance you need to go beyond simply meeting the requirements of the regulator so that you are continually developing and improving your practice now and throughout your professional life.
- Discounts on Pharmaceutical Press titles
All members of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society are eligible to a 25% discount on all Pharmaceutical Press titles in print and 30% pre-publication discount on all titles* up to 3 months prior to publication. Members are also entitled to 50% off the British National Formulary (BNF) and the BNFc.
- Relevant, timely information direct to your inbox*
We know you’re a busy professional and it’s often difficult to find the time to keep up with everything that’s happening in the profession. That’s why we have a range of email services to ensure you’re always up to date.
- Today’s headlines – bringing you the days’ health stories from the national media
- Support alerts – we summarise the latest medicines and device alerts, patient safety notices, and other important communications concerning patient safety
- E-alerts – ad hoc emails which let you know about information from the Society which might need urgent attention
- E-news – our monthly newsletter providing you with information on the latest developments from the Society and the profession
If you are currently based overseas, are retired or not currently working, find out about our discounted rates.
*Members can opt-in to receive any of these emails as part of their membership by visiting their My Profile page.