The Hospital Advisory Group provides a source of expertise on issues of hospital practice which impact on the pharmacy profession and the public.
The Group serves as a consultative group to the Boards of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS), acting as a source of expertise/advice and providing evidenced-based thought leadership to inform RPS policy.
For the purpose of this group, hospital practice includes providers of pharmacy services in or to acute, mental health, private, community services, prison, hospice and ambulance settings. It also covers areas of practice where hospital pharmacy expertise and influence is required to improve care e.g. whole health economy solutions to medicines optimisation challenges.
The main aim of the hospital expert advisory group is to provide leadership in hospital practice and this will be achieved by constituting an empowered and representative network of experts across all relevant backgrounds to:
- advise the Royal Pharmaceutical Society on national and international hospital practice matters
- support RPS with acting as a conduit for requests for advice, expertise, input and comment from government and other organisations
- provide a cohesive, strategic forum to ensure pharmacy is able to input and shape key policies and innovation around practice
- provide a confidential forum for sharing intelligence, in order to support and inform those engaged in similar projects and work streams
- ensure a joined up approach across RPS and the profession
- Nationally and internationally recognised as an expert in hospital practice (nominees should be at the forefront of hospital pharmacy practice)
- High level of involvement in institutional roles and professional organisations
- Possesses a broad knowledge and expertise in a relevant area of hospital pharmacy practice and/or multidisciplinary experience and expertise
- High level of organisational and administrative leadership skills
- High professional standing and reputation. It is desirable that members have been recognised by the RPS’s Faculty or are working toward recognition
- Member of RPS. Members of the group are expected to conform to the RPS code of conduct for members of governance bodies as well as codes applicable to their respective disciplines and institutions.