The Royal Pharmaceutical Society in Wales (RPS Wales) is pleased to announce that registration for the 5th Annual Wales Medicines Conference is now open.
This year’s conference which is jointly hosted with 1000 Lives Improvement will focus on the role of the multidisciplinary team and working together to keep patients safe when taking medicines in Wales. It is being hosted at a time when the administration of medicines is under the spotlight and when change is needed to ensure everyone involved in the medicines process can work together effectively to meet the needs of our patients and to minimise the risks of harm.
The event will provide:
- A strategic overview of the challenges to medicines safety in Wales
- Practical examples of team work to improve medicines safety across the care pathway
- A view from NHS England on improving safety through optimising the use of medicines
- An inspiring perspective about using medicines on the front line of humanitarian crises
- Breakout sessions to explore a range of medicines safety issues
- Opportunities for networking and exploring the conference exhibition
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Vaughan Gething AM, Deputy Minister for Health, Welsh Government
- Professor June Andrews, Author of Trusted to Care, Stirling University
- Dr Aidan Fowler, Director of 1000 Lives Improvement
- Dr Bruce Warner, Deputy Chief Pharmaceutical Officer, NHS England
- Trudi Hilton, Humanitarian Pharmacy Advisor
A full conference programme will be available nearer the time on the 5th Annual Wales Medicines Safety Conference web page.
Don’t forget to book your place here.