RPS England welcomes new training from Health Education England
Working with the RPS and other partners, Health Education England has developed seven new training programmes for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
Working with the RPS and other partners, Health Education England has developed specifications for seven new training programmes for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
Funded through the Pharmacy Integration Fund, the courses are flexible and accessible, enabling those enrolling to study at work, or in their own time.
The programmes are part of the healthcare integration agenda set out in the NHS Five year Forward View, and aim to develop the clinical skills of pharmacists and technicians to enable greater integration into wider primary care as part of multi-disciplinary healthcare teams.
The training programmes are:
• Independent Prescribing for Pharmacists in GP practices, care homes and integrated urgent care
• Post-registration Training for Community Pharmacists
• Community Pharmacy Technician Training and Development Programme
• Care Homes Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician Training Pathway
• NHS111/Integrated Urgent Care Workforce Development Programme for Pharmacists
• Clinical and Professional Leadership Development for Pharmacy Professionals
• Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician Programme.
Chair of RPS England Sandra Gidley said: “RPS helped develop the programme specifications for these new courses to increase the skills of the pharmacy workforce. It’s very positive that NHS England has recognised that investment in the development of pharmacists is good value and supports improved patient care. We look forward to continuing to work with NHS England, HEE and the profession to ensure that pharmacists are valued for the positive impact they make on improving the health and wellbeing of the public.”
RPS members undertaking this training are able to access support from our professional development and support team . For information about the full range of workforce development opportunities offered to pharmacists and pharmacy technicians, please click here.