An exciting opportunity has arisen for a member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) in Scotland to represent us on the Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN) Council.
Members of SIGN Council determine the overall direction of SIGN’s development and play a key role in shaping the SIGN guideline programme. Find out more about the SIGN Council.
The key attributes associated with being a SIGN Council member are being a recognised clinical leader, with an ability to understand the detailed methodology of SIGN and being a motivated individual who can work on their own initiative and be an effective communicator. The specific responsibilities include;
- To attend all meetings of SIGN Council or to arrange for a deputy to attend in their place.
- To represent the views of the RPS and to report to RPS information on the activities of SIGN
- To coordinate with the Practice Development Lead, RPS and the Director of Pharmacy Professional Secretariat nominations for pharmacists to guideline development group members and Chairs.
- To Chair national open meetings for the consultation aspect of draft guidelines as requested by SIGN Council.
- To review in a timely fashion all editorial comments for specific guidelines via participation in the virtual editorial group for guidelines relevant to their specialism.
- To participate in promotional activities following publication of guidelines as requested by SIGN Council.
- To submit on an annual basis a Declaration of Interest form as required by SIGN Council for publication on the SIGN Council website.
- To act as an ambassador for SIGN and Healthcare Improvement Scotland.
- Please note that membership of the RPS Faculty is desirable for this role.
You will be supported in your role by the RPS in Scotland. The Chief Pharmacist at Healthcare Improvement Scotland also offers professional support to this role. Please find a copy of the organisational compact outlining the benefits to you and your NHS Board.
Please send your CV and a supporting statement from your employer or line manager by Friday 31 May 2018 to email@example.com. We will undertake informal interviews on the 21 June at the RPS office in Edinburgh. If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Annamarie McGregor on 0131 524 2007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.