The Royal Pharmaceutical Society is encouraging of pharmacists and their teams to engage more with patients, carers and the public about the care that can be delivered through pharmacy.
With this is mind we have designed a patient engagement hub for pharmacy teams, which launches today (21 August). The hub includes a collection of resources, including leaflets, posters and videos, that have already been developed and used by pharmacy teams to speak directly to patients, carers and the public. The resources, including those from organisations like Asthma UK, Epilepsy Society and Parkinson’s UK, are mapped over nine themes:
- What does pharmacy do?
- How can pharmacy help me with my medicines?
- How can pharmacy help me look after myself?
- How can pharmacy help me when I am admitted to and leave hospital?
- I'm ill where should I go for help?
- I have XX how can pharmacy help me?
- How can pharmacy help me with my child's medicines?
- I'm a carer how can pharmacy help me?
- How can pharmacy help me with my repeat prescriptions?
- How can pharmacy help me with the electronic prescriptions and the repeat dispensing?
The hub is aimed at pharmacy teams but can also be accessed by patient groups.
It is hoped these resources will also provide ideas and inspiration to stimulate and support other teams with engagement. Further resources will be added in due course.