The Royal Pharmaceutical Society has established an Advanced Pharmacist Assessment Panel (APAP) as part of its education governance structure.
APAP’s role will be to oversee all RPS advanced and consultant pharmacist assessment and credentialing processes and will report to the RPS Education and Standards Committee.
More specifically APAP will:
- Set the standard for advanced and consultant pharmacist credentialing assessments
- Quality assure the advanced and consultant pharmacist credentialing assessments
- Ratify advanced and consultant pharmacist credentialing assessments
- Set the standard for consultant pharmacist post approval
- Quality assure consultant pharmacist post approval
Members of APAP were recruited through an open process with a large number of high quality applicants from across the UK and pharmacy sectors. The first meeting of APAP is due to take place on 3 March 2021.