The Pre-Registration advisory group provides leadership in Pre-Registration practice and this will be achieved by constituting an empowered and representative network of leaders. It is a voluntary group and network of Pre-Registration tutors and trainees with experience of GPhC Pre-Registration training in various sectors across Great Britain.
This group will contribute to the RPS Pre-Registration project and provide constructive and reasoned feedback to steer the development and evolution of RPS Pre-Registration support, resources and tools.
More specifically, the group will:
- provide advice and consultation to the RPS and inform standards, guidance and professional policy on emergent issues and consultations relevant to in Pre-Registration practice
- provide a range of perspectives and facilitate stakeholder engagement across pharmacy sectors
- provide perspectives to help the National Boards influence external stakeholders (in and outside the profession) on development of Pre-Registration practice
- engage with the National Boards, other RPS expert groups and panels to share expertise in order to support improvements in the Pre-Reg experience and outcomes.
- nationally (or internationally) recognised as an expert and leader in Pre-Registration practice
- high level of involvement in institutional roles and professional organisations
- broad knowledge and expertise in a relevant area of support and development for pre-registration trainees.
In addition, members of the advisory group will be expected to be:
- members of the RPS; members of the group are expected to conform to the RPS code of conduct for members of governance bodies as well as codes applicable to their respective disciplines and institutions
- recognised by the RPS Faculty or working toward Faculty recognition
- not a member of any other RPS Advisory Group.
Members will be expected to declare any interests that may be a conflict to the work underway.
For further information on Pre-Registration Membership with RPS, please visit our Pre-Reg Membership page.