Pharmacy Student Internship with RPS Education and Professional Development
We have an exciting opportunity for a pharmacy student to gain experience within our Education and Professional Development team for two weeks from Monday 13 July until Friday 24 July 2020.
You will gain a good insight into pharmacy, the profession and practice, and learn about how we support you, students, and our members across all sectors of practice and career stages.
This internship is not paid, but we will cover reasonable travel expenses.
During your internship you will:
- Gain a better understanding of how we support pharmacists and our members
- Learn about the work of our Education and Professional Development team and other teams
- Input into day-to-day activities
- Work on a small project
- Build confidence and gain new skills to apply to your studies and future roles.
You should meet the following criteria:
- Be a 2nd or 3rd year pharmacy student undertaking an MPharm programme within GB
- Be a student member of RPS*
- Possess good teamwork, organisational and communication skills
- Possess good IT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
*Membership is free for MPharm degree students across Great Britain.
How to apply
Send your CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria, with your answer to the question below to: [email protected]
What do you hope to gain from the RPS internship and what skills would you like to develop? (max 300 words)
Closing date: Monday 9 March 2020
Proposed interview dates: Monday 23 or Tuesday 24 March 2020
Pharmacy Student Internship, Education and Professional Development, (Fixed Term: 13-24 July 2020)
Location: 66-68 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW
Reports to: Education and Professional Development Manager
Who we are
We are the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, the professional membership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in England, Scotland and Wales.
What we do
We are champions of the profession, and internationally renowned publishers of medicines information.
We promote pharmacy in the media and government, lead the way in medicines research and information, and support pharmacists in education and development.
Together, we are pharmacy.
To support the work of the Education and Professional Development Directorate at the Royal Pharmaceutical Society. To gain insights into the work of the Society and how the work of the Society supports students.
Role and responsibilities
- Learn about the vision, mission and role of the RPS, and how we support pharmacists and members
- Learn about the work of the Education and Professional Development team and how we support pharmacy students
- Learn about the work of wider RPS teams, including events, marketing, professional support, publishing, and science and research.
- Input into day to day activities of the Education and Professional Development team
- Work on a small Education and Professional Development project
- Deliver a short presentation to senior colleagues
- Attend and participate in any relevant team meetings
- Provide ideas to the RPS on how we can improve our support for students
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good organisational skills
- Good IT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Flexible and willing to be involved in new tasks and activities.