National Consultant Pharmacist Development Needs Assessment
The self-reported consultant-level practice development needs of pharmacists working across the United Kingdom: A national cross-sectional survey
What is happening?
A study is being carried out collaboratively by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) and the education commissioning bodies across Great Britain (NHS Education for Scotland (NES), NHS Health Education England (HEE), and NHS Health Education and Improvement Wales (HEIW).
What is the purpose of the study?
The aim of this survey is to measure the self-reported consultant-level practice development needs of pharmacists across the United Kingdom against the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) Entry-level Consultant Pharmacist Curriculum.
It aims to determine whether any of the participant characteristics are associated with self-reported development needs from the curriculum.
The results will be used to inform regional and national discussions on support structures and commissioned projects required to develop consultant-level practice.
TAKE THE SURVEY
Who is the survey for?
The survey is for:
- Pharmacists registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council and work or reside in the United Kingdom.
- Pharmacists who identify themselves as working at an advanced level of practice or in an advanced pharmacist role
However, please do not complete the survey if you are a pharmacist already formally credentialed as ‘consultant-pharmacist ready’ or already in-post as a consultant pharmacist, or you do not consider yourself to be working at an advanced level of practice.
What are the benefits of taking part?
You may not benefit directly from taking part. However, the information gained will help to assess how many pharmacists self-report as practicing at or approaching the consultant-level and to inform regional and national discussions on support structures and commissioned projects required to develop ‘consultant-level practice’ and potentially the formation of new training programmes.
Do I have to take part?
No. Your participation is entirely voluntary. If you decide not to take part, you do not need to tell us why.
How do I take part?
If you are interested in taking part, please read the Participant Information Leaflet first and then click on the link below, which will take you to the survey. Please only complete this survey once.
TAKE THE SURVEY
You will be asked a series of questions including:
- Your demographics and characteristic details
- Whether you are interested in ‘consultant-level practice’, including being asked to justify your response
- Your self-reported confidence in being able to evidence the 20 outcomes in the curriculum
- You will be asked to rate you self-identified confidence in being able to evidence each competence using a simple 5 point Likert Scale; Really Confident, Confident, Neutral, Unconfident, Really Unconfident
Survey completion is expected to take 10-15 minutes.
When does the survey close?
The deadline to complete the survey is Sunday 13th June 2021.
For more information about the survey, please read the Participant Information Leaflet.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected].