Mentoring - how it works
How can RPS mentoring work for you?
Videos and downloadable resources
Getting the most out of your mentoring relationship
How can you get the most from our Mentoring platform?
We've got the answers
Want to have your meetings virtually, but avoid the hassle of setting up external meetings?
Watch this short video to do just that!
The importance of mentoring
Latest article from the Pharmaceutical Journal
What support areas and skills are in the mentor/mentee profile?
Six areas of support:
- Collaborative working and communication
- Education, Development, Registration and Revalidation
- Expert practice
- Management and leadership
- Research and Evaluation
List of skills under each area of support:
- CV building, job search and interviewing
- IT skills and technology
- Returning to practice
- Self-confidence and resilience
- Transitioning into a new role / sector
Collaborative working and communication
- Collaboration and team working
- Communication skills
- Consultation skills and person-centred care
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills and public speaking
Education, Development, Registration and Revalidation
- Consultant Pharmacist credentialing/ development
- CPD planning
- Faculty Support
- Peer Discussion for revalidation
- Foundation training
- Revalidation support
- Study skills
- Developing clinical expertise
- Ethical decision making
- Independent prescribing
- Introducing innovation into pharmacy practice
Management and leadership
- Enterprise skills
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Managing change and uncertainty
- Managing people
- Project management
As a mentor, if you are able to provide support that is not listed in the fields, please state this in your bio, so mentees can see this within your profile.