Medicines Safety Conference
Innovation to Practice
Wednesday 29 November 2017 - Vale Resort, Hensol (near Cardiff)
Firmly established as the leading conference examining issues related to medicines safety in the UK, RPS Wales’ flagship Medicines Safety Conference will once again be taking place in 2017. Bringing together a multidisciplinary audience of practitioners and managers from across health and social care in Wales and beyond, this year’s theme of ‘Innovation to Practice’ will highlight innovative practice and technological developments that are taking place to increase quality of care and patient safety wherever medicines are used.
A line up of world class speakers from Wales and beyond will share their experiences of leading on innovative practice that has led to high quality medicines safety across a variety of health settings. Delegates will also benefit from insight into other walks of life where accuracy and precision are essential, and discuss the potential for the practices and behaviours from these fields to be applied to medicines safety.
Confirmed speakers so far at this year’s conference include:
- Vaughan Gething AM, Cabinet Secretary for Health, Wellbeing and Sport, Welsh Government
- Professor Sir Mansel Aylward, Director of the Centre for Psychosocial Research, Occupational and Physician Health at Cardiff University and Chairman, Bevan Commission
- Professor John Watkins, Consultant in Public Health Medicine and Clinical Senior Lecturer in Epidemiology at Cardiff University
- Chris Martin, Deputy Chairman, Bevan Commission
- Andrew Evans, Chief Pharmaceutical Officer, Welsh Government
- Professor Jayne Lawrence, Head, Division of Pharmacy and Optometry, University of Manchester
- Thomas Cox, Lead Prison Pharmacist, Betsi Cadwalladr Health Board
- Paul Gimson, National Primary Care Manager, 1000 Lives Plus
- Paul Bennett, Chief Executive, Royal Pharmaceutical Society
Submit a poster for presentation
To coincide with this year’s theme, for the first time, we will be offering the opportunity to submit practice innovation posters for presentation. Delegates are also invited to attend an awards presentation reception following the close of the Medicines Safety Conference. Find out more and download submission forms here.
Book now - RPS members save over 50%!
|Confirmed poster submission
Book now »
Discounted places may also be available for large group bookings - you can enquire about this by emailing email@example.com or calling us on 02920 730 310.
Note: Full conference programme and information about the speakers will be published soon.
We are currently seeking sponsorship for the conference. All agreements will adhere to the ABPI code of practice. If your organisation would like to be involved, click here to view the exhibitors' pack or contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 02920 730 310