These event terms and conditions apply to all booking requests submitted after 30 June 2019. If you have previously booked RPS events before this date, please read these terms and conditions carefully.
About these Terms
1. These terms and conditions (“Terms”) explain the terms and conditions applicable to event booking requests made by you with the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain, incorporated by Royal Charter in England and Wales under company number RC000799 and having its principal business address at 66-68 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW (‘we’ and ‘our’).
2. These terms and conditions apply to RPS Events and Pre-Registration Revision Courses and Mock Days. Different cancellation policies may apply to different types of Events, so please read these terms carefully.
4. If you think there is a mistake in these terms or require any changes, please contact us to discuss. Our contact details are:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 0845 257 2570
Fax: 020 7572 2506
If we need to contact you about your booking request we will do so using the contact details submitted by you during the booking process.
Type of Events we Offer
In these terms and conditions:
5. “RPS Events” mean conferences, courses, workshops and webinars which are available to RPS members, non-members and stakeholders.
6. “Event” means the event that you are making a booking request for at the time of acceptance of these terms and conditions.
7. “Pre-Registration Revision Courses” and “Mock Days” mean the series of Pre-Registration Revision Courses and Mock Days delivered by the RPS for its
members who are undertaking pre-registration training to meet the General Pharmaceutical Council criteria for registration as a pharmacist.
8. Submitting an event booking through our online event booking system does not guarantee you a place at any of our Events. We will issue an automated email confirmation of your booking request. Your place at the Event is not guaranteed until payment of the Event Fee is received. Payment of the Fee must be made at least seven (7) days before the Event.
9. If we cannot accept your booking, we will let you know by email and refund any payment made.
10. It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide to us during the booking process is complete and accurate.
11. We reserve the right to give booking preference to those people who meet any attendance criteria for the Event. If applicable, these criteria will be on our website on the page for the Event.
12. The Fee for the Event will be shown on our website on the page for the Event.
13. Payment of the Fee should be made by electronic payment on our website at the time of making the booking request. If you experience difficulties with making payment, please contact our events team to arrange an alternative method of payment.
14. Payment of the Fee must be made at least seven (7) days before the Event to guarantee you a place at the Event. If payment of the Fee is not received at least seven (7) days before the Event, we reserve the right to reject your booking and offer your place to another applicant.
15. Your receipt of our invoice and/or confirmation completes our contract with you. Non-payment of invoices are subject to debt collection activity.
16. We reserve the right to collect a deposit at the time of your RPS Event booking. The amount of deposit required, if any, will be listed in the Event registration details. This deposit will be released back onto the form of payment used within seven (7) days of your attending the event.
17. If you do not attend the event or cancel outside the cancellation window, your deposit will not be refunded. Please see the ‘Cancellation by You’ section below for full details.
18. We will use reasonable endeavours to describe event content in the event descriptions on our website accurately, but these are intended only to give an approximate idea of the Event.
19. We reserve the right to amend the programme of the Event or to cancel the event and any booking.
20. It is your responsibility to comply with all instructions given at the Event and to comply with all applicable laws, including health and safety laws, fire regulations and any codes of conduct for wi-fi access.
21. If attendance at the Event makes you privy to any information which is marked, or might reasonably be understood to be, confidential, you shall not use such information for any other purpose other than participation in the Event.
22. Attendance at any Event is not guaranteed to meet any revalidation or CPD requirements you may have.
23. Special dietary requirements must be notified to us in writing, either during the booking process or by contacting us by email before the Event.
25. By making a booking for the Event you consent to the personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended) submitted through our booking system being used:
- For all necessary purposes for the administration of the Event including registration, delegate badges and catering;
- To contact you about the Event; and
- To provide delegate lists in hard copy and electronic form to other attendees at the Event including delegates, speakers and third-party sponsors of the Event.
26. By attending the Event, you agree that we may use, reproduce and/or publish in any way whatsoever (without any payment being due to you) any photographs and/or video/audio that may pertain to you (including your image, likeness and/or your voice) and that we may licence others to do the same. You agree that such material may be used in our publications, public affairs releases, broadcast material and on our website, or for other related purposes. This agreement will continue until you notify us in writing that permission is withdrawn.
Cancellation by You
27. This cancellation policy applies to all Event bookings once you have received confirmation of receipt of your order including, for example, a confirmation email or an invoice.
28. Cancellation of Pre-Registration Revision Courses and Mock Days. These Events are non-refundable. If you find you are not able to attend the Event after booking a place, please notify us in writing as soon as possible, via email. No refund will be made for any cancellation, and under no circumstances will we reimburse you for any expenses incurred in making arrangements to attend the Event.
29. Cancellation of RPS Events. If you find you are not able to attend the Event after booking a place, please notify us in writing as soon as possible, via email. If a colleague is able to attend in your place and you notify us in writing, we are pleased to accept the substitution at no extra charge subject to such colleague submitting a new booking request for the Event including accepting these booking Terms and Conditions. Substitution is permitted if notified in writing up to five (5) days prior to the Event.
- If we receive your written notification of cancellation up to thirty (30) days before the Event, we will refund the Fee, less a 15% administration fee.
- If we receive your written notification of cancellation less than thirty (30) days but up to fourteen (14) days before the Event, we will refund 75% of the Fee (inclusive of the 15% administration fee).
- No refund will be available if we receive your written notification of cancellation less than fourteen (14) days prior to the Event.
Summary of Cancellation Policy
|Notice of Cancellation
||Refund of Fee
||Refund of Deposit
|Over 30 days before event
||Fee minus 15%
|Between 14 and 30 days before event
||75% of Fee
|Less than 14 days before event
||No refund available
30. No refund will be made if we do not receive and acknowledge your written notification of cancellation. Under no circumstances will we reimburse you for any expenses incurred in making arrangements to attend the Event.
31. Cancellation of Webinars. If the Event is a webinar and you find you are not able to attend the Event after booking a place, please notify us in writing as soon as possible, via email.
Cancellation by Us
32. We shall use all reasonable endeavours to provide the events described on our website, but we reserve the right to cancel or change the Event for any reason including but not limited to situations where the Event is under-subscribed, it
becomes difficult for us to deliver the intended content, or for other reasons resulting from events, circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control.
33. If the Event is cancelled for reasons outside our reasonable control no refund of the Fee will be given. If the Event is cancelled for reasons within our control, such as the Event being under-subscribed, we will refund the Fee but will not be liable for any expenses incurred by you in making arrangements to attend the Event.
Limitation of Liability
34. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the description of the Event, or event bookings generally, whether express or implied.
35. We will not be liable to you, or any other person making a booking or attending an Event in your place, for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- Cancellation, including any expenses incurred by you in arranging attendance at an Event;
- Loss of profits, sales, business or revenue;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of use or corruption of software, data or information;
- Business interruption;
- Loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage; or
- Loss resulting from reliance or action or failure to act based on material delivered at the Event.
36. Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude our liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors (as applicable);
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- Any matter for which it would be unlawful to exclude or restrict liability.
37. Subject to the other provisions in this clause, our total liability to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, arising under or in connection with these Terms shall be limited to the total fee paid by you to book the Event.
38. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation.
39. You need our consent to transfer your rights under these Terms to someone else.
40. Unless it expressly states otherwise, these Terms do not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms.
41. Any written communication to us required under these Terms should be addressed to [email protected] in the first instance. You can also contact our Events Team using the following details:
Telephone: 0845 257 2570
Fax: 020 7572 2506
42. These Terms constitutes the entire agreement between you and us and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreement, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between you and us, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
43. Except as set out in these Terms, no variation of the Terms shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by the parties.
44. A waiver of any right or remedy under these Terms or by law is only effective if given in writing and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. A failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under these Terms of by law shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict any further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of any right or remedy provided under these Terms or by law shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. If any provision or part-provision of these Terms is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms.
45. These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you agree to accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to any dispute that may arise in connection with these Terms.