PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING RPS REGISTERED USER SERVICES
1. WHAT’S IN THESE TERMS?
This policy sets out the content standards that apply when you use the RPS Registered User Services, including MyCPD Portfolio, Pre-Foundation Portfolio, Foundation Portfolio and Faculty, as a: -
- Member of RPS;
- Registered user of the MyCPD Portfolio;
- Tutor in our Pre-Foundation and Foundation schemes
- Guest user
It applies when you register as a user of the RPS online services, register and use the RPS MyCPD Portfolio, log in to your account, upload content to our site, make contact with other users on our site, link to our site, or interact with our site in any other way.
2. WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
www.rpharms.com (“our site”) is a site operated by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain (”We”). We are incorporated by Royal Charter in England and Wales under company number RC00079 and have our principal place of business at 66-68 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW
To contact us, please email [email protected] or telephone our customer service line on 0207 572 2737.
3. BY USING OUR SITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
By logging into the RPS registered user services site and using the interactive features of our site, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
4. THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
- Our Pre-Foundation and Foundation Portfolio terms and conditions set out the detailed terms and conditions applicable to Pre-Foundation and Foundation users, tutors and guest users;
- Our Event Terms and Conditions, which set out the basis on which you can make bookings for events through our site.
- Our Group Rules, which describe the rules applicable to Networking Groups.
- Our Advice and Information terms, which sets out the information about professional advice requested via our site.
- Our Mentoring terms and conditions, which sets out the information about mentoring provided for RPS members through our site.
5. WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
6. YOUR ACCOUNT
We will provide you with a personal user account to access RPS online services for registered users (your Account). You can update your details at any time by using the ‘My Profile’ area when you are logged in. It is your responsibility to ensure that your data is current and accurate. If you do not ensure your data is current and accurate, we may suspend or terminate your personal user account. If we believe that you have provided information that is false, or we consider in our sole discretion may be false, we reserve the right to terminate your access to our registered user online services immediately without notice and without liability to you.
You agree that you shall take all steps necessary to protect your Account password and keep it secret. You agree that you shall not give your Account password to anyone else or allow anyone else to use your password or Account. You are responsible for notifying us as soon as possible if you believe that the security of your password has been compromised.
We will not be responsible to you for any loss that you suffer as a result of an unauthorised person accessing your Account and we accept no responsibility for any losses or harm resulting from its unauthorised use, whether fraudulently or otherwise.
Only those members of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain and who are eligible for and have been admitted to membership of the Faculty programme have access to the enhanced RPS online services available to Faculty Members.
If you are a tutor or guest user in relation to a Pre-Foundation Portfolio or Foundation Portfolio you have been invited to review and contribute to you will not have access to all RPS online services.
7. PERMITTED AND PROHIBITED USES
The RPS MyCPD Portfolio, Pre-Foundation Portfolio, Foundation and Faculty services are intended to assist you to record your CPD and engage in interactive services provided online for members and registered users. It is intended for your personal use as a pharmacist, pharmaceutical scientist or pharmacy technician in your professional development and should be used for non-commercial purposes.
Our Groups and Networks are designed to allow pharmacist, pharmaceutical scientist or pharmacy technician and other professionals working in a similar specialty, with similar interests, or living or working in a similar location to share information, good practice and opportunities as part of an online community.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.