Professional Support Service
Our confidential professional support service, run by a team of pharmacists and advisors from different pharmacy sectors, is the first port of call for all members' enquiries. We focus on supporting pharmacists in their daily practice and professional development by providing practical, evaluated advice.
We can assist with many types of enquiries including:
- General pharmacy practice - current and best practice as well as new areas of pharmacy practice and service developments.
- Pharmacy legal and ethical issues - advice and support with exercising professional judgement and dealing with ethical dilemmas and professional issues.
- Clinical aspects of pharmacy - clinical enquiries (in collaboration with UKMi), tablet identification, foreign medicines and travel advice on vaccines and malaria prophylaxis.
- Continuing professional development - advice and support on recording CPD entries.
- Pharmacy careers support - whether you are just starting out in your career in pharmacy or returning to practice including returning to practice and changing your sector of practice.
- Support for online services - help with using the RPS website, virtual networks and local practice forums.
- Faculty support - help with accessing Faculty resources, advice on how to build your portfolio and how to prepare for your Faculty Assessment.