Are you building your professional development portfolio? Looking to develop skills in critical evaluation or explore the latest in research evidence?
Following the success of the 2017 Journal Club, the RPS Research Team is delighted to present a programme of three webinar events for 2018.
What is the Journal Club?
The Journal Club is a series of webinar meetings to discuss the latest research evidence related to pharmacy practice. Hosted by expert academics, the Journal Club guides participants through a process of rigorous critical evaluation centred on cutting-edge themes.
Who is the Journal Club for?
● All pharmacy professionals working on their CPD record
● RPS Members undertaking the Foundation or Faculty programme
● Pharmaceutical Scientists
● MPharm, MSc and PhD Students
● Anyone looking to develop their critical evaluation skills
What will I gain?
● A structured process to help you stay up-to-date with the latest research literature
● Discussion of evidence that could directly impact patient care
● Guidance in critical evaluation from a senior academic
● Practise in concise literature review
● Tips on how to identify weakness in methodology, design and reporting of research
● An opportunity for peer discussion which can be used as evidence for your Professional Development Portfolio
Wednesday 28th March 12pm-1pm - Chaired by Professor Christine Bond
“The effectiveness of pharmacist interventions on cardiovascular risk: the multi-centre randomised controlled RxEACH trial” Tsuyuki et al. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2016
The Journal Club is free of charge for RPS Members. Limited places available.
Or see the Journal Club homepage for more events