One-day conference, 26 September 2018, University of Bath
Improving the quality use of medicines and pharmacy practice with behaviour change
An one-day event organised by the Health and Clinical Research Theme, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, University of Bath.
The overall purpose of this event is to create an opportunity for shared learning around behaviour change, theory and the application to medicines and pharmacy practice as well as developing a network of academic researcher and practitioners.
During this event, we will hear about examples of innovative research informed by behaviour change theory. This event will be of interest to academic researchers, practitioners and stakeholders with an interest in, or engaged in/with these topics.
- Professor Marie Johnson, Emeritus Professor of Health Psychology, University of Aberdeen.
- Professor Line Guénette, Associate Professor, Faculty of Pharmacy, Laval University, Quebec, Canada.
- Professor Chris Eccleston, Professor of Pain Research, Department for Health, University of Bath.
- Professor Margaret (Mags) Watson, Professor of Health Services Research, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, University of Bath
Four workshops will be delivered twice during the conference on a range of topics including the practical application of theory to behaviour change and the development of interventions to influence medicines use and pharmacy practice.
In addition, there will be an opportunity for a limited number of delegates to submit posters for display at this event.
We are seeking posters that describe research and/or quality improvement projects relevant to medicines optimisation, pharmacy practice, and behaviour change.
If you would like to present a poster at this conference, please submit an abstract that complies with the following guidelines:
- Authors with presenting author underlined
- Email of presenting author
- Institution of presenting author
- Background, Aims and Objectives, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion
- Word limit: 250 (excluding title authors and institution)
- Please do not include references.
Poster numbers will be limited. The authors of posters selected for presentation at this conference will be notified by Friday 24th of August 2018. If you have submitted an abstract for a poster and have not received an email by 5pm on the above date, this means your poster was not selected for presentation at this conference. Poster abstracts should be submitted to [email protected] using the Subject Heading “Poster Submission”. The deadline for abstract submissions is Friday, 17 August 2018.
Special Issue: International Journal of Pharmacy Practice
In 2019, the Int J Pharm Pract will publish a Special Issue on the topic of this conference: “Improving the Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Practice with Behaviour Change”.
The conference is FREE to attend however all participants and speakers need to register at: [email protected]