Health Education England (HEE) and the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) are pleased to announce a new pre-doctoral level training scheme to support aspiring non-medical clinical academics. The PCAF scheme is anticipated to open for applications in February 2018 and will replace the current ICA Masters in Clinical Research Studentship scheme.
The Pre-doctoral Clinical Academic Fellowship (PCAF) scheme will support award holders to split their time equally between clinical service and academic training over a two year period. During this time, Fellows will undertake formal and informal clinical research training, designed around their unique training needs. One of its many benefits is that it will allow protected time for participants to develop an application for PhD funding, with support from a named supervisor and mentor.
- Up to 50% of the award holder’s salary
- Costs of a tailored training and development programme (as detailed in the application) comprising:
- £5,000 towards Masters level training
- £1,000 bursary for conference/meeting expenses; travel, subsistence and registration fees
- £1, 000 towards the cost of supervision and mentorship
For more information please visit the NIHR website.
For more information on funding please visit funding and support website.