An exciting opportunity has arisen for a member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society in Scotland (RPS) to represent RPS and the wider pharmacy community on the SIGN Council.
Noreen Downes Principal Pharmacist, Scottish Medicines Consortium has recently stepped down from this national clinical and professional leadership role. This is one of two positions, with Alan Timmins Principal Pharmacist, NHS Fife also representing RPS on the SIGN programme advisory group. The exact split of responsibilities, can be agreed at a later date.
The key attributes associated with being a SIGN Council member are clinical leadership, an ability to understand the detailed methodology of SIGN and being a motivated individual who can work on their own initiative and be an effective communicator. The specific responsibilities include:
- To attend all meetings of SIGN Council or to arrange for a deputy to attend in their place.
- To represent the views of the RPS body and to report to RPS information on the activities of SIGN.
- To coordinate with the Professional Support Pharmacist, RPS and The Director of Pharmacy (HIS) recommendations for pharmacists to guideline development group members and Chairs.
- To Chair national open meetings for the consultation aspect of draft guidelines as requested by SIGN Council.
- To review in a timely fashion all editorial comments for specific guidelines via participation in the virtual editorial group for guidelines relevant to their specialism.
- To participate in promotional activities following publication of guidelines as requested by SIGN Council.
- To submit on an annual basis a Declaration of Interest form as required by SIGN Council for publication on the SIGN Council website.
- To act as an ambassador for SIGN and Healthcare Improvement Scotland.
Annamarie McGregor, Professional Support Lead will be supporting the successful candidate in this role as will the Chief Pharmacist at Healthcare Improvement Scotland, Laura McIver. Please also read the SIGN Clinical Engagement Compact outlining the professional development and recognition benefits to you and your NHS Board and the SIGN Standing Orders.
Nomination along with CV and a supporting statement from your employer or line manager need to be received by Friday 11th December 2015. We will undertake informal interviews for this role.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail please contact Annamarie McGregor on either 0131 524 2007 or [email protected]