How to reclaim your tax

Are you an RPS member and UK taxpayer? Then you can probably reclaim tax on your membership fees.

How much tax can I claim back?

Higher rate taxpayers may be entitled to tax relief of up to £99.60, while lower rate taxpayers could save up to £49.80 on their Society membership fees.

How do I claim my tax back?

The Royal Pharmaceutical Society is an approved (List 3) professional body, which means you can claim tax relief against your professional fees through the HMRC website (you'll find us listed under Pharmaceutical Society, Royal)

You'll need to add your:

  • PAYE reference
  • National Insurance (NI) number
  • and your receipt showing the fees you've paid to the RPS.

All your recent membership payments can be found in My RPS Receipts & Transactions. You can download this as a PDF file.

Please note: Tax relief can only be claimed if you are working and your membership is relevant to your job.