Hi, I'm Giovanna DiTano, the RPS In Your Area coordinator for Lothian.
What we do
We deliver practice development and hot topic events in Lothian.
We aim to support opportunities that meet the needs of all our members, from all professional backgrounds.
Working with the RPS team and local members, I:
- Coordinate the delivery of local events
- Develop RPS in Lothian as the focus for innovation, inter and intra-professional practice development, quality in practice and research
- Support the development of RPS in Lothian as an opportunity for networking, mentoring and engagement in RPS professional programmes
Over the past 12 months, our events have covered topics including:
- Respiratory update
- An update from Pharmacist Support
- Antimicrobial stewardship
If you have a project or a local initiative you would like to share at an RPS event, please email us at [email protected]
Who I am
Since qualifying in Pharmacy in 1982 from Strathclyde University, I have to date worked in community pharmacy. After moving to Edinburgh in 1985, I have juggled work whilst being a wife and a mother to three daughters.
Latterly, in 2010 I took up the post of lead pharmacist for smoking cessation within NHS Lothian, supplying training and guidance for 182 pharmacies. Recently, I became pharmacy champion for Midlothian.
How can I hear more from my local group?
It's easy - sign up for our events newsletter in your My RPS Communications Preferences.
Or visit RPS Scotland on Twitter: