RPS Science and Research Summit 2019
Putting pharmacy and science at the forefront of healthcare
Friday 8th February 2019, etc.Venues County Hall, London
Continuing the success of the first RPS Winter Summit, we will be hosting the RPS Science & Research Summit.
Chaired by RPS Chief Scientist, Gino Martini, our speaker programme is comprised of experts and influencers who are pushing the boundaries of innovation in the pharmaceutical sciences, research and education across industry, academia and practice. It provides a forum for knowledge translation and an opportunity to develop new ideas and innovations.
Key speakers confirmed for the event include:
- Professor Dame Sally Davies, Chief Medical Officer for England
- Sir Andrew Dillon, Chief Executive, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Sir Michael Rawlins, Chairman, Medicines Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR)
- Healthy aging and management of long-term conditions
- Counterfeit Medicine, Illegal Substances and FMD
- Artificial Intelligence and connected health
- Mental Health and Addiction
Why should I attend the event?
During the day there will be opportunities to:
- Attend a unique event that comprises both cutting edge medicines research as well as issues on frontline healthcare.
- Learn about the latest ground-breaking developments in pharmacy, research and pharmaceutical sciences from leading scientists and researchers.
- Showcase your research project to academics, researchers and industry stakeholders, and have the chance to win up to £250 through our Science and Research awards.
- Get involved in discussions and debates on a range of hot topics, such as the impact of Brexit on our healthcare and life sciences sector.
- Network with other like-minded colleagues from a range of backgrounds; develop new collaborations and partnerships.
- Engage and interact with science and pharmacy students, the future leaders of our profession.
- Gather evidence for your CPD portfolio.
- Practice the peer discussion element of your GPhC revalidation via a poster presentation.
Learning outcomes align to RPS Professional Standards, GPhC standards for pharmacy professionals, and revalidation requirements.