RPS Science and Research Summit 2019
Friday 8th February 2019, etc.Venues County Hall, London
In collaboration with the Joint Pharmaceutical Analysis Group (JPAG) and The Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences (APS)
Continuing the success of the first RPS Winter Summit, we are delighted to present the RPS Science & Research Summit.
Chaired by RPS Chief Scientist Gino Martini and featuring keynote speakers Dame Sally Davies and Professor Molly Stevens, the Science and Research Summit will showcase the latest ground-breaking developments in pharmacy, research and pharmaceutical sciences and debate some of the most pressing challenges and opportunities for the future of healthcare.
- Professor Dame Sally Davies, Chief Medical Officer for England
- Professor Molly Stevens, Professor of Biomedical Materials and Regenerative, Imperial College London
- Sir Andrew Dillon, Chief Executive, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Professor Sir Michael Rawlins, Chairman, Medicines Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- Will Hutton, Hertford College Principal, University of Oxford
- Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR)
- Healthy Ageing and Management of Long-term Conditions
- Counterfeit Medicine, Illegal Substances and Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD)
- Artificial Intelligence and Connected Health
- Illicit Drugs, Alcohol and Mental Health
Click for our programme at a glance
Why should I attend the Summit?
- Join a unique event which explores both cutting-edge medicines research and issues affecting frontline healthcare
- Discover the latest ground-breaking developments in pharmacy, research and pharmaceutical sciences from leading scientists and researchers
- Get involved in discussions and debates on a range of hot topics, such as the impact of Brexit on our healthcare and life sciences sector.
- Network with other like-minded colleagues from a range of backgrounds; develop new collaborations and partnerships.
- Showcase your research project to academics, researchers and industry stakeholders, and have the chance to win up to £250 through our Science and Research awards.
- Gather evidence for your CPD portfolio
- Practice the peer discussion element of your GPhC revalidation via a poster presentation
- Engage and interact with science and pharmacy students, the future leaders of our profession.
Learning outcomes align to RPS Professional Standards, GPhC standards for pharmacy professionals, and revalidation requirements.