We are asking you to sign up to our campaign to help improve health and wellbeing in the workplace.
We've built on the results from our latest annual survey on mental health and wellbeing to create three key campaign asks to advance our Workforce Wellbeing work. These focus on the changes needed to:
- Prevent the cause of wellbeing problems in the workplace
- Improve the workplace culture to support wellbeing
- Access wellbeing support easily when needed.
We are asking you to back the campaign by:
- Showing your support for the actions through a simple website click
- Joining a members’ Workforce Wellbeing action group to help shape future activity
- Sharing examples of good practice in the workplace so others can learn from them.
RPS President Sandra Gidley said: “The pandemic has undoubtedly amplified pressures faced by pharmacy teams. Everyone experiences stress at work but for many pharmacists it’s off the scale right now.
“We want to work collaboratively across the profession and with employers, the NHS and other pharmacy organisations across Great Britain to create positive change.
“It’s vital we try to prevent work-related mental health and wellbeing issues. We can do this by improving the workplace culture and de-stigmatising mental health problems, so pharmacists feel confident to speak up about their experiences. Celebrating examples of where health and wellbeing are a priority in the workplace is an important part of this and will help demonstrate what can be achieved.
“It’s time to examine the issues, shed the stigma and work towards solutions. We all need to join forces to relieve any unnecessary pressures and ensure every team member can flourish through positive approaches to workplace health and wellbeing.”
Take action and back the campaign.