I have recently become involved in the creation and running of a Midlands-based network for clinical pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
The Midlands Practice Pharmacy Network has been formed to support, encourage and empower pharmacy professionals working in primary care. Whilst we’re still at a relatively early stage we already have over thirty members and intend to provide opportunities for members to network, share best practice, take advantage of professional training programmes and collaborate in service evaluation and development projects.
Working closely with Keele University the aims of the Midlands Practice Pharmacy Network are:
- To help define and raise the professional role of clinical pharmacists and pharmacy technicians working in primary care in the Midlands.
- To support the professional development of our members.
- To clearly demonstrate and communicate the professional value of our members in clinical practice.
- To bring together and foster the sharing of best practice amongst our members.
- To engage with and cultivate productive relationships with professional colleagues, commissioners and other stakeholders.
If you are a pharmacist or pharmacy technician currently employed in general practice in the Midlands and you’re interested in finding out more about the network please contact; Simon Thomas or Ron Bains via the following [email protected] or [email protected]
Note: At this present time membership is only open to Pharmacists & Technicians whom are either directly employed or on a self-employed contract with General Practices, and not for anyone who provides Medicines Management support indirectly via other organisations (i.e. CCGs, CSU etc)