We've published a new five-year strategy outlining our ambitions for 2021-2026. It's the outcome of the RPS Assembly’s consideration of the opportunities and challenges facing RPS.
The strategy will enable usto be proactive in maintaining focus on our mission to put pharmacy at the forefront of healthcare and address opportunities ahead for the profession to achieve its vision to become the world leader in the safe and effective use of medicines.
RPS Chief Executive Paul Bennett said:
“We're committed to championing the profession and working with our members to help shape its future. Our strategy outlines seven goals which provide a solid framework for RPS to prepare and support the profession for a dynamic future in which pharmacy and pharmacists plays a central role wherever medicines are used by patients. It also ensures continued delivery of the high quality services, publications and resources our members expect."
RPS President Sandra Gidley said:
“The strategy is the result of careful analysis of the environment pharmacy operates in, as well as demographic and regulatory considerations. Our focus will now be to collaborate with our members and our extensive network of partners across Great Britain to make the ambitions in this plan a reality and ultimately improve outcomes for patients across the healthcare system.
“The Royal Pharmaceutical Society has a trusted reputation and proud history of developing the profession of pharmacy. It’s fitting that this forward-looking strategy coincides with the 180th anniversary year of RPS and paves the way for the future of pharmacy.”
The goals which will define RPS core activities 2021-2026 are:
- Shape the future of pharmacy and medicines use: Shaping practice, policy and education, for pharmacy, pharmaceutical science and the safe use of medicines
- Being essential to professional practice: Enabling career development and supporting excellence in everyday work
- Being at the heart of pharmacy and pharmaceutical science: An indispensable part of the professional lives of our members
- Deliver valued products and services: To fulfil current and future needs of members and support the delivery of excellent healthcare outcomes
- Working in collaboration and partnership: Supporting collaborative networks and partnerships to deliver shared goals, extend our reach, voice and community experience
- Create a sense of belonging: Championing a professional environment in which everyone truly feels they can be themselves
- Enhance our organisational effectiveness: RPS will work collaboratively to create a viable, efficient and financially sustainable organisation
Read the RPS Strategy 2021-2026