Action in Belonging, Culture and Diversity (ABCD)
Do you share our passion for inclusion and diversity in pharmacy?
Get involved today with our Action in Belonging, Culture and Diversity group (ABCD).
More needs to be done to improve inclusivity across pharmacy: we want all of you to feel able to bring your whole self to work.
Who should join ABCD? YOU should!
ABCD is open to all individuals who work in pharmacy and pharmaceutical scientists, both members and non-members of RPS across Great Britain. You can join us whether you’re an individual or a leader of an existing network – the experience you bring will be invaluable to our work.
We want our group to represent the diversity in protected characteristics, experience and thought across pharmacy.
ABCD will work with existing networks and individuals across the pharmacy profession, enabling networking, supporting the RPS Inclusion & Diversity strategy, capturing individual group needs and ensuring intersectionality.
What is ABCD for?
ABCD is a place where we can talk through our ideas with you, to create change and build networks across the profession with like-minded individuals.
- Create a culture of belonging
- Champion inclusive and authentic leadership
- Challenge inclusion and diversity barriers.
We need your help to:
- Enable important conversations to take place, to improve the understanding across pharmacy of equality, diversity and inclusion and promote the importance of being your authentic self in the workplace
- Provide a cohesive, open and honest forum to ensure pharmacy can input, shape and innovate around practice with Inclusion and Diversity at its core
- Help ensure a joined-up and a collaborative approach to support inclusion and diversity across the profession
- Provide strong representation and leadership on issues of importance around I&D and support the RPS to champion and drive change across the profession and healthcare system
- Provide feedback and a perspective on RPS plans, projects and initiatives through the lens of I&D.
In practice, we expect ABCD to:
- Co-create a yearly calendar of events that supports belonging across the profession
- Improve events, engage more members and create a greater sense of inclusion and belonging, as well as considering intersectionality
- Help shape an annual Inclusion and Diversity event
- Inform the delivery of an agile and flexible plan that is informed by the experiences of people from many different backgrounds
- Support the RPS and the profession with engagement and networking with other relevant organisations including regulators, partnership and specialist groups
- Communicate the work of the action group to internal and external stakeholders
- Work with RPS locals and RPS ambassadors to run events which are safe spaces to address issues locally such as race, disability, gender and LGTBQ+.
How often will ABCD meet?
ABCD will meet via ZOOM every two months.
You are encouraged to maintain conversation and dialogue with other members between meetings.
27 August 6.30pm - 8pm
29 October 6.30pm – 8pm
10 December 6.30pm – 8pm