The next RPS Research Forum will be held on Wednesday 6 June 2018 at the Royal Pharmaceutical Society London and will focus specifically on community pharmacy
Innovation in pharmacy is essential to improve the services delivered and patient outcomes. Research and evaluation ensure that we have the body of knowledge required for evidence-based decision making. The RPS Research Forum 2018 will be an opportunity to discuss research in the sector, how involvement can be enhanced and challenges overcome. If you work in community pharmacy and have little or no research training (e.g. MSc or PhD), then this event is for you.
Register for the June 2018 Research Forum **BOOKINGS ARE NOW CLOSED**
The Research Forum will bring together a small group from the community pharmacy sector for a discussion about research and evaluation and how involvement can be enhanced. Designed with novice researchers in mind, the event will feature a lively discussion of the relevance and benefits of research, along with a series of interactive workshops and presentations to help you transform your research idea into a project.
The objectives of the day are:
- Briefly outline the importance of good research and the relevance and benefits of this for community pharmacy and pharmacy professionals
- Discuss how to become involved in research
- Discuss participant’s research ideas and how these can be taken forward
- Briefly outline the principles of critical appraisal to inform good research practice
- Develop a strategy for future community pharmacy research events
- Enable participants to return to their locality and disseminate key ideas obtained during the day.