1:1 Research Support Sessions
Our research team provides 1:1 research support sessions to help you develop your research potential. We can help you get involved in research, develop research ideas for funding or design an abstract or poster. We offer support in the following key areas:
- Understanding research and evaluation
- Developing a research project and building a team
- Finding sources of funding to support your project
- Evaluating and publishing your research
- Patient and public involvement (PPI)
- Building your Faculty R&E cluster
Our 30-minute support sessions are available over the phone, via video conference or in person at our London office.
When you book a 1:1 session, we will work with you in advance to ensure that the session is as useful as possible for you. Please be sure to share any relevant information or drafts with us ahead of the meeting so that we can provide feedback at the session.
After the session, we will send a follow-up email with a summary of our advice and any other information which may be useful for you.
Book a 1:1 Session
When you reach the interview stage for a research funding award or PhD position, our team can arrange a mock interview with a panel of experts to help you prepare for the big day.
What we need from you:
- Your grant application will help us select your interview panel and will also help panel members prepare your mock interview.
- Please send us a few possible dates so we can check availability of potential panel members (please allocate approximately 2 hours for the interview).
- Let us know if you'd like us to invite someone in particular to be part of your mock interview panel.
- We can organise your interview via teleconference or face-to-face at RPS London Headquarters (please note that we are unable to reimburse travel expenses) so please let us know which one you prefer.
Other research events to support your development
We offer a programme of regular research training and support events:
For upcoming activities, see our events calendar.