**Due to COVID-19 all our support services are currently being provided by phone/web only**
1:1 Research Support Sessions
Our research team provides 1:1 research support sessions to help you develop your research potential. these are only a few of the things we can help you with:
- understanding research and evaluation
- getting started - how can you get involved?
- discussing your projects and ideas
- finding quality evidence/literature
- developing your research project and building a team
- finding sources of funding to support your project
- developing a funding application
- writing a conference abstract
- designing a conference poster
- evaluating and publishing your research
- patient and public involvement (PPI)
- applying for or starting your PhD
Our 30-minute support sessions are available over the phone, via video conference or in person at our London office.
When you book a 1:1 session, we'll work with you in advance to ensure that the session is as useful as possible for you. Please be sure to share with us any relevant information or drafts ahead of the meeting so that we can provide feedback at the session (e.g. conference abstract, draft funding application).
After the session, we'll usually send you a follow-up email with a summary of our advice and any other information which may be useful for you.
Book your 1:1 session
When you reach the interview stage for a research funding award or PhD position, our team can arrange a mock interview to help you prepare for your big day.
What we need from you:
- Your grant application or thesis/dissertation will help us select your interview panel and will also help panel members prepare your mock interview.
- Please send us a few possible dates, so we can check availability of potential panel members (please allocate approximately 2 hours for the mock interview).
- Let us know if you'd like us to invite someone in particular to be part of your mock interview panel.
- We can organise your interview via teleconference or face-to-face at RPS London headquarters (please note that we are unable to reimburse travel expenses) so please let us know which one you prefer.
Other research events to support your development
We offer a programme of regular research training and support events:
- an Annual Conference and and Annual Science & Research Summit - opportunities to present (poster and/or oral presentation) and publish your work.
- Instructional webinars
- Workshops and seminars at national conferences
For upcoming activities, see our events calendar.