Our 1:1 Research Support Sessions
We offer 1:1 research support sessions where members of our research team are available to help you develop your research potential. We have, for example, provided individuals with 1:1 guidance on how to get involved in research and develop research ideas for funding, as well as supporting you in the following areas:
- Understanding research and evaluation
- Developing a research project and team
- Finding sources of funding to support your projects
- Evaluating and publishing research
- Patient and public involvement (PPI)
- Building your Faculty R&E cluster
For these sessions, we can welcome you in person, by phone or via video conference, and they usually last approximately 30 minutes. You can book through our research support sessions page.
We like to work with you in advance to ensure that our 1:1 session is as useful as possible so please make sure you share relevant information or drafts in advance. Following the session we usually send a follow up email with a summary of the session and other useful information.
If you've been successful and reached the research interview stage (for example to secure funding or a PhD position), our Research Team can organise a mock interview with a panel of experts to help you prepare for the big day. For more information click here.
Other research events to support your development
We run a regular programme of research training and support. These include:
- Instructional webinars
- Research proposal writing training course
- Workshops and seminars at national conferences
For forthcoming activities see the RPS events calendar.