3. Underpinning Knowledge - Legislation and Professional Issues

3.6.11Record keeping and Controlled Drugs registers

A Controlled Drugs register must be used to record details of any Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 CDs received or supplied by a pharmacy.

Pharmacists are also required to keep records of Sativex (which is a Schedule 4 Part 1 CD). The Home Office strongly recommends the use of a CD register for making records relating to Sativex.

For Controlled Drugs received, the following must be recorded:

  • Date supply received
  • Name and address from whom received
  • Quantity received.

For Controlled Drugs supplied, the following must be recorded: